Get Started Register free to see all bed bugs threads and posts! Also be sure to read the Bed Bug guide here for step by step bed bug treatment steps. Have a question about bed bugs? Simply post it and someone within our community will answer it!
You can also find Bed Bug treatments here and a Std check online here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
How often do bed bugs bite?
10-15-2011, 01:01 AM
How often do bed bugs bite?
I have what appear to be bed bug bites: small, hard, red, itchy bumps that appear overnight. I only get fresh bites about every week or so, but they usually do come in a row (the "breakfast, lunch, dinner" pattern, I'm assuming). The bite marks last for a week, or longer if I scratch in my sleep. How often to bed bugs bite? Could it be that I have a few, but don't have an infestation yet?

Also, I could use some help positively identifying my bites.

Reasons they might be bed bugs:
* bites come at night
* usually in a row
* hard itchy bumps

Reasons they might NOT be bed bugs:
* I can't find any blood, feces, or signs of them
* I have wood floors and an extremely clean and empty bedroom
* I bought my mattress new last year, and didn't have this problem before I put it in storage over the summer
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2011, 03:07 PM
RE: How often do bed bugs bite?
Bed bugs typically like to feed nightly and inject an enzine into your blood which makes numbs your skin so you do not feel it. You will typically wake up with welt like bites usually in clusters.

Sounds like you have a bed bug issue. Look around your bedding area or in seems of clothing and fabrics for reddish type markings they leave where they are living. Bed bugs will typically live close to where the host is sleeping so check your bedroom area or area where you sleep for signs of bed bug infestations. Look very close and well.

Here is a bed bug review site with both bed bug treatment products and bed bug mattress covers.

http://BedBugSteps.com

Hope this helps;

Stacey

(10-15-2011 01:01 AM)buggedineugene Wrote:  I have what appear to be bed bug bites: small, hard, red, itchy bumps that appear overnight. I only get fresh bites about every week or so, but they usually do come in a row (the "breakfast, lunch, dinner" pattern, I'm assuming). The bite marks last for a week, or longer if I scratch in my sleep. How often to bed bugs bite? Could it be that I have a few, but don't have an infestation yet?

Also, I could use some help positively identifying my bites.

Reasons they might be bed bugs:
* bites come at night
* usually in a row
* hard itchy bumps

Reasons they might NOT be bed bugs:
* I can't find any blood, feces, or signs of them
* I have wood floors and an extremely clean and empty bedroom
* I bought my mattress new last year, and didn't have this problem before I put it in storage over the summer
Bed Bug Bully

07-13-2012, 12:23 PM
RE: How often do bed bugs bite?
Bed bugs will bite when they are hungry which is typically during the evening hours. Bed bugs have an enzyme within their saliva which allows them to feed undetected and they find you by the carbon dioxide you breathe which is why in lots of bed bugs cases they bite you around the face or neck.

You will likely figure out you have bed bugs once you wake up and notice the welt like bites. Bed bugs love to live close to where the host sleeps as it makes for a quick meal so it is likely once you have bed bugs you will continue to get bitten until you treat your home.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please enter the text within the image on the left in to the text box below. This process is used to prevent automated posts.
Please select the number: 10
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10